The Legal IT Systems Analyst demonstrates strong subject matter knowledge pertaining to both IT capabilities and functional business processes, with particular strength in respect of Legal the function. This includes Matters Management, Intellectual Property and Trademark Management, Records and Information Management, eDiscovery and Data Preservation, Contracts Management, and Corporate Secretariat systems. As part of the IT Legal function, the role is responsible for understanding overall goals and objectives of the business and assisting in the identification and delivery of technical and business process solutions and continuous improvement initiatives while acting as an advocate for client area business needs.
The Legal IT Systems Analyst role is responsible for assisting in the collection, interpretation, and fulfillment of business user requirements resulting in efficient, cost effective, and sustainable solutions. The position requires a strong and balanced mix of technical capability and business process expertise to collaborate in partnership with business functions in order to leverage technology enabled delivery mechanisms. The role works in partnership with the business including management, project teams, and individuals to understand project requirements, resolve problems/issues, drive small to mid-size projects, and apply business technology solutions to meet business demands.
The Legal IT Systems Analyst assists in the coordination and collection of information needed for the IT organization’s annual planning process, including budgeting, servicing the demand for technology services from the Legal function. The position partners with global business teams and across the IT organization throughout the full life cycle development – from conception of ideas through planning, business case preparation, vendor selection, development, deployment and operations / stabilization.
The Legal IT Systems Analyst facilities ongoing governance activities to monitor consumption and usage of IT and Legal services and systems while identifying opportunities for improvement through measures and other indicators.
- Business Development: Performing stakeholder analysis, identifying gaps and business productivity improvements, facilitating demand prioritization meetings with Legal and IT, gaining formal approval through governance processes, and tracking requirements through to business case approval.
- Elicitation: Working with stakeholders to help them understand their requirements to initially scope projects, brainstorming options, analyzing documents, running focus groups, analyzing system interfaces, interviewing stakeholders and subject matter experts, assessing business architecture, performing gap analysis, conducting feasibility studies, and verifying and confirming requirements. This may involve analysis of functional IT needs or impact of IT initiatives upon the business functions.
- Solution Assessment: Assessing proposed solutions to help the stakeholders select the solution which best fits their requirements including developing mechanisms to assess how well solution meet system requirements, determining performance measure, evaluating alternate solutions, crafting and assessing Requests for Proposal.
- Requirements Analysis: Working with the whole project team towards defining a solution that will meet the agreed requirements including documenting and analyzing business inputs, modelling the business domain using process diagrams, flowcharts, data models, exploring behavior models (use case, user experience design, storyboards, wireframes, user profiles and user stories), and supporting implementation through periodic check ins of requirements clarity and scope definition.
- Configuration: Performing configuration changes to commercial off the shelf software systems for approved changes in a controlled manner.
- Release Management: facilitating testing of changes by end users prior to release and planning, communicating, scheduling, and facilitating of deployments with third parties, software providers, and the stakeholder community.
- Reporting: Developing ad-hocreports leveraging existing BI toolsets.
- Project Management: Leading small to mid-sized projects, reporting, tracking issues and risks, standard identifying key milestones and dependencies, and tracking of critical path tasks and milestones.
- Performance Monitoring: Measuring performance of IT/Legal systems and the overall relationship by working with key Legal and IT stakeholders to identify measures and sources of data for performance monitoring, developing processes for collecting the required information, collecting data, interpreting metrics, and reporting performance results to the appropriate audiences through monthly reports.
- Operational Governance: Facilitating monthly governance meetings with application teams, user communities, and joint Legal IT steering committees to review performance of IT Legal services, projects and the respective systems while identify areas of improvement to projects, systems, processes, communications, training, etc.
- General: Managing issues, monitoring and reporting on business analysis activities and resolving conflicts
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related study, preferred
- 8+ years of relevant IT/Business experience including project scoping, analysis and documentation of business and technical requirements
- Strong familiarity in Information Technologyfinancial management, budgeting, supplier and contract management, project costing
- Experience in working with a Legal department or firm and pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience consulting and working in complex, global matrix organization is preferred
- Project Management, ITIL, CMMI, or Six Sigma training and/or certification is advantageous
Req ID: R0021398