We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support a variety of business activities across the firm. We also provide advice with respect to the resolution of legal, regulatory and reputational risks and ensure the firm’s activities are conducted within the boundaries of the law and consistent with preserving and enhancing the firm’s reputation. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney to assist in supporting our Global Markets Division FICC businesses including the Investment Banking Division corporate derivatives team in the Americas. Position offers opportunity to partner with the business and other cross divisional stakeholders in supporting the firm’s FICC businesses and drive the legal analysis and strategy.
- Advise on structuring, documentation, and execution of fixed income cash and derivatives products
- Advise on new product or activity development
- Assist with implementation of regulatory reform efforts
- Collaborate across control groups to drive execution and ensure consistency in risk management
- 3 to 5 years’ legal experience post JD
- Experience in advising on derivatives (FX, rates, inflation, credit) and cash (bonds, repo, securities lending, loans) fixed income sales and trading products, including structured notes, TRSs, deal contingents, and lien-based derivative hedges. Substantive knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to swap dealers, security-based swap dealers and broker dealers, including the Commodity Exchange Act, Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Dodd-Frank Title VII regulations and FINRA and NFA regulations.
- Experience with various industry trading documentation and standards, including ISDA masters, CSAs and definitional booklets; GMRAs and LSTA loan trading documentation
- Outstanding law firm credentials or relevant in-house experience in a financial services company
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas and develop stakeholder relationships
- Team-oriented with ability to respond and be flexible to client demands while adhering to firm policies and group practices