Job Title: Legal Employee Relations Specialist
Location: Pensacola, FL
Duration: 12 months
Basic Purpose: To support the Employee Relations Branch in managing and addressing the legal issues related to Navy Federal Credit Union's employment litigation
- Receives, analyzes, compiles and organizes legal documents to ensure efficient document flow.
- Ensures critical case deadlines are met.
- Conducts investigations and statistical/documentary research.
- Researches legal issues and tracks litigation.
- Prepares written summaries and analyses and generates case status reports.
- Proofreads and maintains legal documents.
- Serves as liaison with Office of General Counsel and relevant external contacts.
- Monitors changes in local, state, federal, and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience in administrative/clerical positions which demonstrates knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, and government regulations.
- Strong research and analytical skills, and experience that demonstrates effective organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and work independently, or previous experience in office management.
- Strong written communication skills, including proofreading and editing accuracy.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong PC skills including database, word processing, and spreadsheet application.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experienceworking with employment law (EEO, ADA, FMLA, etc)
Notes From Manager:
Someone with current or past HR experience related to employment law would make for a successfully candidate.
When analyzing documentation and information, the candidate will need to be able to recognize whether there is potential for a possible violation of employment law(s).
Also mentioned that they are looking for candidates that have legal experience in a law firm (paralegal or legal assistant) that focuses on employment law.