Veriff provides identity verification services to companies worldwide, helping to make the internet a secure and safe place. In a year, our team grew from 17 to 230+, and our proprietary platform verifies over 8,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries and territories. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
About the role:
We’re looking for a hands-on in-house lawyer to advise on a variety of areas with a particular focus on intellectual property, data protection, software licensing agreements and contract negotiation.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by...
- Working on a broad array of assignments including drafting, reviewing, and assisting with negotiations of customer agreements, technology license agreements, subscription agreements, SaaS agreements, NDAs, and vendor and partner agreements
- Ensure that legal agreements are consistent with company policies, procedures, principles, and risk mitigation strategies
- Demonstrating a clear knowledge of legal issues in IT and online business which will help support our internal teams by interpreting third party contracts, guiding compliance, advising on data privacy and security issues, and supporting IP licensing
- Collaborating with colleagues to continuously improve the process to negotiate and implement contracts while adhering to best practices within the company
- Developing the company’s knowledge in areas of special interest, including intellectual property, data protection, AML/KYC, and other regulatory matters
We're looking for...
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Expertise in IT law (intellectual property, privacy law, etc.)
- Extensive experience in the drafting, review and negotiation of commercial, software license agreements and IP protection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to negotiate contracts successfully
- A practical and solution-oriented approach
You can expect...
- The opportunity to grow and do meaningful work in a fast-paced environment
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) with company matching
- Great medical, dental, vision, and life insurance policy options
- Competitive compensation and stock options packages
- Flexible work hours