We are seeking an experienced attorney to join our legal team at our Blue Bell, PA location. This position will work as a member of an international team of attorneys and paraprofessionals responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to the business. Primary duties for this position will involve the drafting and negotiation of agreements with PRA’s clients, vendors, and subcontractors. The position will have significant exposure to senior management and depending on the skills and abilities of the applicant the role may expand to include a diverse mix of legal work.
If you are looking to be a part of an established organization with strong growth potential, this is your opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department, with substantial transactional experience in contracting with pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies in connection with the performance of clinical trials. The contracting activity supported by this team is fast-paced, with short deadlines and quick turnaround times. Therefore, the candidate must be capable of managing their workload and priorities so as to meet business requirements in a timely fashion. Among the skills required for this position are:
- Contract drafting and review– the candidate must have strong drafting skills and familiarity with the terms and conditions of CRO or pharmaceutical industry service agreements. They must be capable of reviewing and commenting upon contracts prepared by others in a manner that balances business requirements with practical legal analysis.
- Communication – the candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively such that the attorney is persuasive, concise and confident in their communications.
- Problem Solving – the candidate must be capable of helping the business to achieve its objectives by successfully resolving complex problems, including the ability to quickly identify and analyze key business and legal issues and provide practical advice to appropriate levels of management on options to achieve business objectives.
- Client Service – the candidate must be capable of delivering excellent client service and must possess the personal and professional maturity to develop and maintain strong relationships with key business clients.
- Read, write and speak English
- Minimum 3 years work experience in law firm or in-house counsel
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Bar membership in at least one jurisdiction
- Work experience in CRO, pharmaceutical industry, or other relevant area
- Employment law background
- Fluency in Spanish
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.