Our client, a regional healthcare provider is seeking an experienced legal professional to join their team located in FL to work in the capacity of Legal Counsel. The chosen candidate will serve as the primary legal support for the entire Medicare Business Unit. S/He will be responsible for providing legal advice and recommendations for initiatives and projects developed in response to client?s overall objectives and needs. The focus of work is on (large scale and/or high financial level projects) with broad department and/or organizational impact and moderate level of risk. The ideal candidate will work as a strategic partner and decision maker with more senior leaders, and manages work independently. Additionally, the incumbent for this role will possess a depth and breadth of Medicare and Managed Care experience coupled with bilingual skills in English/Spanish.
*Applies knowledge of one or more legal specialties with sound business acumen and knowledge of the business goals and objectives as they relate to the legal matter at hand.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate legal projects.
* Contributes to overall results of a unit and/or department.
* Uses professional legal concepts and principles to contribute to development of company?s concepts and principles.
* Provides concise, timely briefings to senior level business and legal management.
* Routinely works on complex problems in which analysis of situations and/or facts require an in-depth evaluation of various facts.
* Serves as a resource for other attorneys and paralegals as well as business clients instructing and advising on technical and tactical issues.
* Assesses and mitigates risk.
*Reports to management any identified business exposure and associated risks as well as mitigation techniques being utilized.
Best Industry ? Healthcare, Managed Care
Best Department ? Legal
Bachelor?s Degree is required. JD and a current applicable license to practice law in Florida are required.
7?10 years of specific industry and/or technical legal experience post licensure; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background is required.
Experience with Medicare Advantage laws and regulations are required.
Must have experience drafting and negotiating provider contracts, including risk based contracting arrangements.
Strong transactional and business counseling skills are essential in this role.
Medicare Supplemental Managed Care and Part D experience is preferred.
Experience with integrated delivery systems is also preferred.
Intermediate MS Office skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.) are required.
Strong communications (verbal, written and organizational) skills are required.
Up to 15% Regional/Domestic Travel is required.
Bilingual English-Spanish fluency both verbal and written is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.