As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Legal Counsel to perform, at the direction of a designated Vice President & Legal Counsel or Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel and other senior department attorneys (as applicable), professional legal work related to assigned matters for MGM Resorts International and subsidiary organizations.
- Provide sound, well-reasoned legal advice to the Company’s various groups
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships among the various internal business groups requiring legal support.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-working skills in support of a collaborative environment
- Supervise paralegals and staff on work assignments
- Provides legal advice and counseling on labor and employment matters
- Works in collaboration with corporate and property business partners to review and ensure legally compliant human resources and business policies, procedures, standard forms, plans and related materials
- Provides advice on the interpretation, implementation and administration of policies and procedures relating to employment matters; drafts memoranda, contracts, policies, procedures and legal documents
- Represents the Company in labor matters, including labor arbitrations
- Assists in the direction of less senior Department Attorneys.
- Prepares responses to and represents MGM Resorts International and subsidiary organizations regarding complaints/claims filed with federal and/or state agencies (e.g. NLRB) or courts
- Performs legal research regarding labor matters; provides guidance on compliance with, and interpretation of, applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment commensurate with specialized legal skills and experience
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible legal practice with two (2) years of experience in traditional labor law, including experience with representation before the NLRB and other state and federal administrative agencies
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of litigation strategies and principles of labor and employment law matters; ability to analyze and apply legal principles and precedents to legal issues; ability to perform legal research, evaluate alternative and make sound recommendations.
- Significant litigation experience, particularly with respect to labor and employment matters.
- Previous experience working in a resort setting