Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies. Kantar’s 30,000 people based in more than 100 countries help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow. Nobody knows people better than Kantar. We provide insight and inspiration to help our clients, our people and society to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
We are seeking a talented Legal Counsel within the busy and friendly North America Legal Team. Your primary responsibility will be providing commercial transaction support and strategic thinking across Kantar’s various divisions in North America and beyond. You will partner with our business colleagues to further develop Kantar’s business and commercial products while managing legal risk, ensuring regulatory compliance, and negotiating commercial relationships.
The ideal candidate for this role will develop a thorough understanding of Kantar’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, clients, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of our business objectives.
- Legal advice and counsel - You will act as a proactive legal contact to our business clients and advise on a wide range of legal issues, including providing deal support on a day to day basis.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements for global and regional suppliers and clients.
- Work directly with colleagues across the Kantar business to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships.
- You will demonstrate a keen ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters internally.
- You will help drive cross organizational input and company alignment on privacy and data protection terms.
- 3+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house environment with a focus on commercial transactions.
- Experience in data privacy matters and their impact on business relationships is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues.
- Team-oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges, and designing “win-win” solutions across a rapidly changing organization.
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with colleagues throughout the U.S. and globally.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business.
- Sense of humor essential.
- Member in good standing of the NY or other State Bar.