Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position will work to provide legal advice relating to the Private Asset Management (“PAM”) and managed account advisory, including model portfolios and traditional SMAs (“Managed Accounts”) business lines.
- Private Asset Management. Review and negotiate PAM (i.e., high net worth) separate account agreements and amendments. Work with the business in completion of RFPs and client certifications. Work closely with the onboarding team, Legal Analysts, the sales team and outside clients/prospects/consultants to identify issues, negotiate resolutions, and respond to client inquiries.
- Managed Accounts. Work with Senior Legal Counsel in providing advice and guidance with respect to the company’s Managed Account business. Responsibilities include (i) research and review of legal agreements with program sponsors and dual contract program clients, and (ii) research of regulatory matters that arise relative to the Managed Accounts business.
- General Legal Matters. Responsible for assisting in coordinating and working with Senior Legal Counsels regarding issues relating to regulations impacting investment advisers including Investment Adviser’s Act, ERISA, GIPS, Investment Company Act, and capital market regulations including researching and understanding relevant rules and regulations impacting areas of responsibility and communicating such requirements to impacted business units.
- College Degree
- Law Degree from accredited School of Law
- Admission to the MD State Bar or other State Bar
- Law firm and/or the financial services industry experience: minimum 5-10 years in practice area
- Law Degree from accredited School of Law and member in good standing of a state bar
- Attorney with Law firm and/or the financial services industry experience minimum 5-10 years in practice area
- Must have in-depth, specialized knowledge of investment advisory issues
- Strong working knowledge of the workings of applicable regulatory agencies – SEC, FINRA, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and collaborative/teamwork skills
- Strong analytical, drafting and negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of internal and external contacts
- Ability to balance the needs of individual business units with a broader understanding of the objectives of the firm as a whole
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Strong ability to lead others as well as the ability to hold others accountable for meeting commitments and achieving results.
- Experience working with Federal Securities laws and regulations relative to investment advisers and managed account activities and institutional separate accounts
- Demonstrated experience managing legal analysts