$103K - $115K ($90K - $100K base + 15)
Posted on 03/16/18 by Gerard Molaro
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 - 7 years experience
Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
$103K - $115K
($90K - $100K base + 15)
Posted on 03/16/18 Gerard Molaro
Essential Job Functions:
- Support and advise business teams on legal risks, interpretation of contracts, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and operations across the Region.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of internal projects to ensure full compliance with Code of Business Conduct, policies and local laws across Region.
- Develop and deliver training on Legal & compliance topics as appropriate for employees.
- Assist with the establishment of standards, procedures and protocols based on best practices.
- Forecast & track all internal and external Legal, Public Affairs and Sustainability & responsibility Departments? expenses.
- Drive business deals to completion by monitoring resolution and closure of issues.
- Project management Outside Counsel Firms working closely with the Head of the Legal, Public Affairs and S&R department to ensure the optimization of investment in legal fees.
- Be the main administrator and enabler of the Legal Enterprise System site that contains (1) Legal Service Request and (2) Contract Management apps and at the same time maintain them up to date.
- Administrate internal compliance training tool (including MOOCs and e-learning systems) for the Region, providing recurrent reports to the Head of the Legal, Public Affairs and S&R department and follow up with employees.
- Administrate the Gift & Hospitality app for internal approvals and working closely with the Head of the Legal, Public Affairs and S&R department.
- Send regular updates to business and commercial teams on compliance and legal relevant regulatory frame within the Region.
- Provide support to Legal, Public Affairs and Sustainability & Responsibility department in the process of research and data metrics.
- Follow-up local/ international regulatory & political issues of interest to the Company, including matters regarding responsibility & sustainable development of the company and the industry.
- Other projects as necessary based on department needs
Education: Graduated from Law school from a leading school.
- At least 5-7years working experience in the legal department of an international/regional consumer goods industry or other directly related experience and in regulatory compliance with a strong background in corporate, commercial & contractual law.
- Knowledge of Latin American culture/legislation and some US legislation as well.
- Minimum of 5-7years of contract management experience in cross-border transactions.
- Great attitude and business acumen towards being an enabler to the business with accurate and assertive legal advice
- Familiarity providing advice on Latin America legal matters (experience in regulatory compliance)
- Ability to independently establish direct working relationship with senior stakeholders and be able to understand both strategic and operational goals.
- Strong understanding of international contracts.
- Top notch project and time management skills and excellent negotiation techniques.
Languages: Bilingual (Spanish/English), with legal drafting skills in both languages.
Attributes & Skills:
- Strong analytical and strategic skills, rigorous, hard-worker, big-picture of local/international environment, proactive & creative
- Judgment & decision making, critical thinking, involving active learning & listening
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Team oriented and flexible
- High integrity
- Committed to teamwork & diversity
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external
- Continuous improvement and proactive mindset