The Legal Counsel position supports the Associate General Counsel, General Counsel and others in specific functional areas concerning the legal affairs of the Company and supported companies. The position requires independent support of the director level staff at the communities and the more senior level members of the corporate staff
How you will make an impact:
- Provide legal support and advice concerning state law for continuing care community regulatory requirements, submit required regulatory filings, and draft resident documents in compliance with these requirements.
- Research and advise on other licensing requirements such as liquor licenses and local permits
- Support the General Services and Procurement Departments in the review of contracts
- Support community leaders in managing resident / family questions regarding contracts, regulatory inspections, and risk management
- Provide comprehensive legal advice to operating and developing communities
What we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset, our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all adult employees
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited law school is required
- Experience in advising senior living, retirement communities and/ or healthcare facilities in regulatory and risk management
- Interest in various areas of law, ability to multi-task
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience after law school graduation is required; in-house experience is a plus
- Admission into the Maryland State Bar is required.