As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will advise the Human Resources function and the business generally on employment and labor issues for the workforce supporting various spaceflight systems. You will share in the Legal team’s impact on all aspects of employment and workforce development, compliance with local, state and Federal laws and regulations dealing with employment and employee benefits, and have strategic input into the Company’s approach to potential labor activities in various states. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration. It will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Provides in-house legal counsel on labor and employment related matters, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Current and emerging human resources issues,
- Wage and hour laws,
- Specific local and state labor laws in jurisdictions in which the Company operates,
- Workers’ compensation and employee benefits,
- Development of appropriate employment policies,
- Unemployment and other state agency claims,
- Industry labor relations trends and developments ,
- Employment agreements, including ancillary agreements and templates ,
- FMLA and similar leave matters,
- Employment-related litigation and administrative charges and proceedings,
- Internal employment-related investigations,
- Grievances and arbitrations
- Participates in and influences the decision-making process with appropriate clients and stakeholders and generally assists the Legal and Compliance and Human Resources Departments in various matters.
- Identifies and assesses legal risks and opportunities within the labor and employment areas and advises accordingly.
- Advise on regulatory and compliance matters. Support day-to-day legal matters as they arise and attend to general corporate matters.
- JDdegree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the bar in at least one US jurisdiction
- Should have 6+ years of substantive labor and employment experience with a corporate legal department or a nationally-recognized law firm.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ensure that the General Counsel and VP, Human Resources are kept apprised of the existence of pending matters and their status.
- Sound judgment; ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations; ability to cross think and determine who should be kept informed.
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness.
- Ability to work in a team and keep teammates apprised of status and key decisions needed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Litigation, grievance and arbitration experience.
- Experience with the Aviation or Space Sectors.
- Technical background
- Experience advising clients in multiple state jurisdictions.
Job ID 3144