Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life. If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
- The Change Healthcare Legal and Compliance organization is seeking an experienced candidate to provide legal support across the business.
- Counsel will conduct legal research and prepare memoranda, guidelines, training, educational materials and other written product in support of the business. As a valued member of the Legal and Compliance organization, this position has high visibility and exposure to upper management in supporting a competitive business within the healthcare industry. Counsel will work closely and collaborate with other Counsels, Senior Counsels and Managing Senior Counsel.
- Candidates for this position will be based in Atlanta and we are willing to consider Counsel or Senior Counsel level, depending on experience.
- Reports to Senior Counsel, Employment and Benefits.
- Key internal partners include Legal and Compliance, Global Benefits, Payroll, Workforce Operations, and Human Resources.
- Provide internal clients with advice on qualified and non-qualified retirement plans.
- Provide internal clients with advice on benefit plans design, claims and appeals.
- Advise Global Benefits Committee and Global Benefits Administrative Committee on compliance and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Draft and maintain company's ERISA benefit plans, compensation plans, commission plans, and other incentive plans.
- Review and negotiate benefit plan and vendor contracts, and provide guidance on employment/benefits related contract provisions.
- Advise on benefits and compensation issues arising in corporate transactions.
- Draft and negotiate employment, retention and severance agreements.
- Provide advice and draft polices related to benefits.
- Provide advice and counsel on severance guidelines.
- Conduct legal research, draft memoranda, and make presentations on benefit issues.
- Stay abreast of legal, legislative, and administrative developments in employee benefit issues.
- 4+ years of experience providing legal counsel to clients, with the Company or in an equivalent attorney role at another company, not-for-profit, law firm, or government agency.
- Critical Skills:
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to prioritize multiple, ongoing initiatives and efficiently re-prioritize such responsibilities, as may be required in a changing business environment
- Able to collaborate and build partnerships with internal & external customers and promote the reputation and integrity of the Legal and Compliance organizations and the Company
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Prefer 7 - 9 years of experience providing legal counsel to clients, with the Company or in an equivalent attorney role at another company, not-for-profit, law firm, or government agency.
- General employment law and executive compensationexperience are both a plus.
- A background working with fast-paced companies in Technology and/or Healthcare-IT preferred
- Results driven with emphasis on meeting/exceeding deadlines and commitments
- Adapt quickly to ever-changing internal and business policies and procedures
- Juris Doctor; highest academic credentials; admission and in good standing with United States (state) bar.
- See attached.
- Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Commitment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.