Are you looking for a challenging position that will utilize your drafting and negotiating skills?
Do you enjoy working with a variety of people and departments?
Would you like the opportunity to work with exciting brands in the kids' entertainment industry?
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking a new opportunity, then we want you to join our team.
- Negotiating and drafting rights acquisition and licensing agreements across all media including without limitation, television and digital media platforms;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating variety of commercial agreements (e.g. NDAs, IT agreements, dubbing agreements);
- Assisting with legal advice and contract drafting for YouTube business, including simple production contracts;
- Drafting and co-ordinating ancillary documentation (e.g. chain of title, insurance);
- Researching and summarizing rights and obligations;
- Providing on-going business affairs and legal advice across the business as needed, including development, production, broadcast and exploitation of entertainment productions;
- Liaising with other departments and offices;
- J.D./LL.B. is required;
- 1-3 years post-call experience in law at a top-tier law firm or in-house in an entertainment or licensing environment;
- Experience in the television industry or with entertainment law is preferred;
- Familiarity with negotiation and drafting of basic commercial agreements;
- Excellent drafting, time management and organizational skills including the ability to coordinate multiple complex, confidential files;
- Team player that is positive, forward thinking, client-focused and solution minded.
Job ID 2018-1262