BuzzFeed is looking for an entertainment attorney to partner with the creative development and business teams in our Los Angeles office. We are looking for a self-motivated, business-minded attorney to grow with our entertainment practice.
BuzzFeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation, benefits, and a stock option program.
- Support BuzzFeed’s creative development and production teams to structure, negotiate and draft a wide variety of domestic and international media and entertainment-related agreements, primarily focused on talent, distribution, production and other related deals
- Support BuzzFeed’s business units in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including licensing, advertising, business development, marketing, events, and other commercial and operational contracts
- Provide practical advice and solutions to internal business partners on legal matters affecting BuzzFeed
- Thrive in new and developing areas of the law, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk assessment
- 4-6 years of related entertainment, and transactional experience, including direct experience negotiating and drafting talent, distribution, production, shopping, and other video, television, and film deals
- Practical knowledge of the digital, TV, and film industries
- Be able to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- A willingness to tackle matters in and outside areas of expertise with a can-do, flexible attitude, understanding that no job is too big or too small
- Intellectual property knowledge a plus