Elekta is looking for an Legal Counsel to join our team!
The selected candidate will be involved in many practice areas within Elekta. The ideal candidate must have excellent writing skills and must be a self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable, very professional, well organized and willing to assume immediate responsibilities. Above all, the ideal candidate must be a team player.
Elekta’s in-house legal department is responsible for providing legal support and assistance to the Elekta Group, including more than twenty global subsidiaries. The legal work is carried out in close cooperation with the other functions within the company and active participation in the day-to-day business of all Elekta entities. The Elekta Legal Department has offices in Stockholm, the U.K., Hong Kong, Beijing, and Atlanta. This position will be located in Atlanta, Georgia and will be part of Elekta’s Americas Legal Shared Service Center (SSC), which supports all of Elekta’s activities within North America and South America.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts related to, among other things, hardware sales, software licensing, hardware and software development and professional services.
- Support the Elekta’s management, sales and contracts administration teams and take responsibility for providing legal advice for any and all other legal issues arising within the Americas.
- Counsel business partners on a variety of business law issues.
- Draft and negotiate vendor and licensing arrangements, review of marketing initiatives, responses to litigation, and advising on various legal matters.
- Work closely with all Elekta attorneys and be part of a small, dedicated, productive, high quality, and high-energy international legal team.
- Perform other related duties as requested by senior management.
- Develop and provide training to business clients.
- Incorporate Elekta’s Values and Quality Systems into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Graduate from a top-tier law school with strong academic credentials.
- Member, in good standing, of the Georgia Bar.
- 5+ year’s relevant legal experience with a top-tier law firm and/or in-house.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Broad knowledge of general business, contract, and commercial law.
- Self-starter with strong inter-personal skills, and the ability to efficiently prioritize and handle multiple requests from several internal clients.
- While focused on the Americas, the Associate Counsel must be able to communicate with people from different cultures and variations in the understanding of legal issues.
- Must have an attitude that no job is too big or too small, must be client/customer focused, and must accept responsibility for and own outcomes.
- Must be able to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment with smart and creative people.
- Coupled with strong legal skills, the attorney must exhibit a strong sense of ethics, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Must be a team player and work well with all functions and at all levels within Elekta.
- Must be proficient at the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Litigation experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Medical Device Industry, including FDA Regulatory knowledge, is a plus.
- Spanish language fluency is a requirement.