- Assist in the management of litigation filed against the firm or in which the firm is involved, including coordinating discovery responses, conducting internal fact investigations, and overseeing outside counsel.
- Handle third-party subpoenas and discovery requests issued to the firm.
- Address issues related to internal conflicts.
- Coordinate and assist with the implementation and oversight of document preservation and legal holds.
- Coordinate and assist with the implementation of information barriers.
- Coordinate communication with and between our firm’s clients, internal stakeholders, in-house counsel, outside professionals, and service providers to resolve issues relating to litigation, bankruptcy, and conflict management.
- Assist with otherrisk management matters coordinated by the Legal/Risk Management Team
- Graduate of an accredited law school, and licensed to practice law in Michigan.
- 5-7 years legal experience in litigation, preferred.
- Familiarity with e-discovery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate detailed and complex information to others.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to organize self and others.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure while responding to urgent situations as needed, prioritizing multiple business objectives, and meeting deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and working/communicating via e-mail.
- Ability to work with a variety of people across cultures and geographic locations to deliver consistent and timely results.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle and protect confidential, sensitive information.
- Ability to work full time in a fast-paced office environment with flexibility to work overtime as needed; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).