Legal Contract Specialist
$60K - $70K ($60K - $70K base + Tbd, TBD)
Posted on 07/16/18 by Jitendra Kushwah
Less than 5 years experience
$60K - $70K
($60K - $70K base + Tbd, TBD)
Posted on 07/16/18 Jitendra Kushwah
- Drafting and negotiating various agreements.
- Demonstration of an understanding of legal contract concepts, negotiation strategies, efficient administration and automation of contract processes.
- Working closely with attorneys in the Legal Department.
- Keeping up to date on current laws and regulations.
- Implements contract negotiations processes by preparing first drafts of a variety of contracts.
- Conducts moderately complex contract drafting and negotiations.
- Evaluates the terms and conditions of a variety of contracts (e.g., service, confidentiality, consulting, research).
- Interfaces with internal management and external parties to gather specifications, and terms of agreement necessary for contract drafting and negotiations
- Responsible for entire negotiations processes for one or more types of contracts.
- Communicates company contract policies and requirements to internal managers and employees and highlights areas of concern in regards to individual contracts projects.
- Determines and initiates required follow-up and/or additional analyses.
- Assists in maintaining contractdatabase information.
- May review and summarize existing contracts internally and/or as part of an external diligence process
- Assist with and / or handle client training presentations with respect to company policy, compliance policies, privacy, contract approval processes, etc.
- Keep apprised of issues relevant to pharmaceutical industry and accurately relay this information to clients.
- Work with client groups, third parties and outside counsel to identify, assess and address general legal concerns.
- Demonstrate company values on a consistent basis.
- Prioritize competing projects and set expectations with clients and management.
Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certification with 3-5years’ experience in the contract management field
- Trained paralegal with 1-3 plus years of experience in-house corporate legal department, law firm, or governmental agency (healthcare background preferred.
- • Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience handling a wide variety of contracts, preferably in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry
- Experience working directly with sophisticated clients, meeting business deadlines, and prioritizing competing projects
- Working knowledge of contractlaw
- Working knowledge of healthcarelaws affecting pharmaceutical business including federal anti-kickback statute, federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic act, the federal Physician Sunshine Act, and federal and state privacy laws
- Familiarity with healthcare compliance principles and programs.