This position will work closely with and report directly to the Deputy General Counsel and Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced compliance attorney to become an integral part of the legal team at an excellent Silicon Valley technology company (which recently joined the S&P 500) where there are also opportunities for those willing to expand their responsibilities with new and different challenges. The Lead Compliance Counsel position is located in Sunnyvale, California.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and execute company-wide ethics & compliance programs and initiatives, including anti-corruption programs;
- Develop and communicate compliance policies and processes, collaborating with cross-functional teams to roll-out and monitor such policies and processes;
- Monitor new legal/regulatory requirements and best practices to improve current programs and processes;
- Create and deliver training and other communication tools to promote our ethical culture and an understanding of our Code of Ethics and compliance program, policies and processes;
- Manage and conduct internal compliance investigations and risk assessments;
- Support compliance processes in specific regulatory risk areas, such as gift requests;
- Undertake special projects;
- Generate and maintain appropriate records and metrics of the ethics and compliance program.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant corporate compliance and ethics experience, including experience in anti-corruption/anti-bribery compliance programs;
- Investigation experience in conducting and managing investigations;
- Prior process management and corporate policy development and implementation experience;
- Strong communication skills including presenting training materials, preparing policies and supporting materials;
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills;
- Sound legal and business judgment and attention to detail; good instincts and pro-active mindset and approach to issues are essential;
- Desire to expand scope of responsibilities over time;
- Local candidates strongly preferred.