Digital Partners (DP) was established at a time when digitalization is beginning to change the face of the insurance industry. DP partners with disruptors who are changing the way insurance is experienced by customers. DP’s clients are digital insurance start-ups. These are creative technology companies, but not necessarily equipped with a profound knowledge of insurance. They are making use of new technology and a better understanding of consumer expectations to increase efficiency in the insurance industry.
- Work under the direction of the Legal Counsel to provide paralegal support where needed.
- Proficiency using Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications to create sophisticated spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and other necessary documentation.
- Independently lead all aspects of the following work streams:
- Creation and maintenance of document management system and process for legal team
- Application for, and maintenance of, corporate entity licensing including managing the producer licensing database, and MGA licensing applications
- Conduct research using available resources to resolve the issues that arise.
- Drafting amendments to various insurance contracts using template as baseline
- Collaborate with business partners across Digital Partners and Munich Re Group to support business goals
- Support an environment that balances innovation and compliance to result in a can-do culture.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in corporate law department, insurance carrier or insurance carrier consultant / vendor.
- Expertise in corporate legal department including the following:
- Experience coordinating accurate completion and maintenance of various documents required as part of licensing applications.
- Experience interacting with external partners to ensure requirements are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Experience working with state regulatory bodies to file corporate entity licenses preferred.
- Expertise in drafting legal entity board resolutions and unanimous written consents and circulating to board directors for approval.
- Proven track record of proactive approach to projects, ability to independently execute on timelines and attention to detail.