The Legal Assistant performs administrative support tasks that are secretarial/clerical in nature for one or more key Legal executives in the organization.
- Provides administrative support including typing, dictation, composing and proofreading correspondence, indexing, and filing documents.
- Independently modifies form letters and documents to fit varying situations.
- Independently composes correspondence based on knowledge of policy and personal discretion.
- Coordinates information flow and inter-office communication, records, etc. Sorts incoming mail and determines priority for handling.
- Data entry and compilation of various reports.
- Answers inquiries or refers callers/visitors to appropriate individuals
- Creates tables, charts, and mail merge documents.
- Ensures adequacy of office supplies and equipment.
- Schedules/coordinates meetings and appointments.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Assists other staff as requested.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Performs related work as required.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- 5 or more years of experience as a Legal Assistant / Paralegal working with corporate transactional contracts, acquisition documents and employment agreements
- Experience assembling and revising legal agreements using independent thought, with the ability to intelligently edit them as required
- Ability to manage time well in a customer service focused, high volume, multiple stakeholder environment
- Outstanding skills in MS Office Suite, particularly Word required, in order to automate and streamline the contract development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with solid organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with an ability to multi task
- Must be comfortable meeting time sensitive deadlines; be discrete, and able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience in the managed healthcare industry would be a plus
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Follow up on open items in a timely manner
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Internet Experience
- MSO (review only)
- Everest (database)
- ezLabor Manager (timesheets)
- HIPAA Access Level:
 Low Level – No Access to Patient Information
[X] Med Level – View Only Access to Patient Information
 High Level – View/Edit to Patient Information (Generally limited to Providers or care givers)
- Bachelor's Degree from a four year College or University
- 5 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience