Fast paced, small medical-legal nurse consulting company in Flemington, NJ. Must possess versatile computer skills and be detail oriented. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in WordPress, Adobe Acrobat, CRM (Zoho), Illustrator, or Photoshop a plus. Must be able to work independently.
- Intake calls from prospect/existing clients about new case inquiry
- New file Intake for incoming cases including processing of retainer checks, medical records and follow-up with the law firm to confirm receipt of the case documents.
- Make follow up calls and/or email to attorney clients regarding CV/agreement submission
- Prepare outgoing material to experts/subcontractors on new and existing cases
- Order and keep track of office supplies and giveaway items for exhibitions
- Proofread expert reports as necessary (advanced knowledge of Word & Excel is required)
- Enter and update client information in Zoho database and keep track of any changes in attorney/firm change as necessary
- Create/update file folders for new cases, update case details into database related to the closing of file and DOR process (Disposal of records) and communicate with attorney/expert as appropriate
- Keep expert contact information and CVs up to date into the database and on the server
- Send welcome email/letter/gifts to new experts
- Help with proper maintenance of documents (fee agreements, expert contracts, medical records, other relevant documents both paper and electronic)
- Facilitate any changes in all the systems as needed
- Mail processing for new cases and act as a backup for the bookkeeper
- Facilitate any help necessary in marketing efforts to the president
- Other day to day case related task
- Zoho oversight/data integrity and troubleshooting
- Website update as necessary (WordPress)
- Prepare/pack exhibiting material before attending a tradeshow
Client support services
- Communicate with attorneys to intake new case inquiry and check for a conflict in Zoho CRM
- Act as liaison between attorney clients and experts
Expert witness support services
- Act as a resource for experts.
- Proofread/edit reports for experts.
- Communicate and follow-up on active cases to make sure experts are working to meet the deadline of report submission
- On-boarding of new expert by sending welcome package/email
- Communicate to new expert about case review process
- Follow up with attorneys as needed after case inquiries
- Attend professional conferences as a booth representative when needed
- Develop Quick Tips cards (knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop is helpful)
- Participate in additional marketing efforts as needed
- Attend daily staff meetings to discuss current cases, status of in-house casework, and other pertinent issues
- Initiate the case contact sheet for all new case inquiries from attorneys
- Update the database frequently to promote sharing of current, timely case information between all staff members
Degree required: Associate degree or higher
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant
Computer skills: Proficiency in Word, Excel and keyboarding skills. Prior experience Adobe Creative Cloud and the Contact Management Database is desirable.
Other requirements: Must be willing to carry heavy boxes/binders of medical records (10-20 pounds) as necessary
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Excellent writing, proofreading, and spelling skills are required.
Travel: Travel Up to 5%
Skills (required): Detail-oriented with strong organizational and research skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work independently and meet deadlines yet accept direction and be a team player. Uses customer service concepts in politely interacting with clients and experts. Shows initiative in identifying and resolving problems and opportunities for improvement. Assists in maintaining a professional, cohesive work environment. Ability to learn new skills quickly including the use of the Contact Management Database.
Computer Skills: Must have advanced level skills in word, excel and Adobe Acrobat DC Pro product.