Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America's leading providers of sustainable transit solutions. Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference? Help electrify transportation by joining the team as Legal Advisor.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
In this stimulating role, you will be called upon to provide various legal advice in order to support the activities and day-to-day operations of Nova Bus in North America, mainly in matters of commercial, corporate, contractual and litigation law.
- Provide legal advice and opinions in various matters relating to Nova Bus's activities in North America with regard to applicable legislation and regulations as well as internal Volvo Group policies;
- Participate in the review and negotiation of various types of commercial contracts, including supply contracts;
- Advise the company on legal risks by proposing different alternatives to achieve business objectives;
- Follow up on litigation files entrusted to external lawyers;
- Provide legal support to the tendering teams to ensure that calls for tenders, as well as the contracts resulting therefrom, adequately protect the interests of the company, minimize the risk of disputes, all in compliance with the laws and regulations applicable in Canada and the United States
- Prepare, offer and organize internal training;
- Prepare various reports and presentations requested by the Volvo Group and the Nova Bus management committee;
- Carry out all other related tasks of a legal nature related to the activities of the company.
YOUR ADVANTAGES :
- Very competitive salary and benefits and generous vacation policy;
- Stimulating position, perfect if you like a challenge!
- Innovative and future-oriented team;
- Telework (Covid-19).
WHAT YOU NEED :
- Bachelor of Law and member of the Barreau du Québec;
- Has 10 to 15 years of relevant experience or more in commercial law acquired in a law firm or a legal department of a large corporation;
- Has expertise in contractual matters and in reviewing contracts with suppliers;
- Ability to manage disputes, in particular regarding manufacturer's liability;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset;
- Ability to work individually and effectively accomplish multiple assignments in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrate a strong spirit of collaboration;
- Skilled communicator and excellent writing skills
- Business sense and initiative;
- Ability to manage several files at the same time, sense of priorities and organization;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Rigor, integrity and creativity;
- Ability to work under pressure with very tight deadlines;
- Perfectly bilingual (French / English);
- Available for occasional travel.