Under the direction of assigned attorneys and paralegals, a Snell & Wilmer Product Liability Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing secretarial and administrative assistance, composing routine correspondence, formatting, editing, and revising complex documents, e-filing in the Federal, State and Appellate Courts, and working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment in preparation for trial.
- Preparing and formatting briefs, pleadings and other legal documents
- Generating Table of Contents and Table of Authorities
- Filing legal documents (electronic and paper) in Federal, State, and Appellate Courts
- Entering details from attorney time records
- Coordinating monthly billing process
- Corresponding with clients
- Maintaining attorney and paralegal calendars
- Monitoring case docket
- Maintaining active case files and closing inactive cases
- Answering telephone calls
- Making travel arrangements and submitting expense reimbursement reports
- Running conflict searches and preparing new client/matter reports
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, attorneys, and staff members
- At least 5 years of Litigation experience in a law firm, supporting multiple attorneys (Strong preference for Product Liability experience)
- Familiarity with common litigation documents, including complaints, answers, notices of appearance, motions, miscellaneous notices, and orders.
- Knowledge of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and state court rules.
- Excellent grammar
- Exceptional typing and proofreading skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High level of organization and time-management skills
- Must have a positive attitude and commitment to client service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical abilities.
- Dedication to producing quality work and bringing assigned tasks and projects to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Snell & Wilmer LLP. offers a competitive performance-based compensation and benefits package, including health and life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, extensive technology and practical training program, generous vacation and personal time policy, tuition reimbursement, and employee assistance program.