Venable LLP is seeking a forward thinking and detailed individual for an exciting opportunity! The Legal Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to assigned legal staff in the thriving Litigation Division of our Tysons office.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Preparing detailed routine correspondence including legal documents, forms, and presentations
- Scheduling appointments, coordinating travel and/or meeting arrangements, and maintaining business calendars
- Managing billing process to include time-entry, data review and correction, and final submission
- Redlining documents to be filed with various courts, collaborating with various timekeepers on all pre- and post-trial assignments
- Managing the integrity of original client documents in various formats, such as hardcopy, electronic, and various eRoom platform
- Collaborating with members of other departments and varied external contacts
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- 3-5 years’ expertise in various legal practices including litigation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced proficiency in MS Word
- Experience using WorkSite/FileSite or other document management systems
- Prior experience with programs including Best Authority, eFiling, DocuSign, PDF Essentials, various ERoom platforms, and DropBox preferred
- Strong proofreading skills and overall continual attention to detail
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization