We are looking for a Legal Administration/Operations Supervisor to support our global organization.
The Legal Administration/Operations Supervisor will report to the General Counsel and will work closely with the Legal Leadership Team to support a dynamic international legal department by leading the execution of key projects and assisting in the development of departmental priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and the drive and creativity to deploy best-in-class processes, tools and technology in the legal department.
This position will interface with professionals in other business units and will work cross functionally, particularly with professionals in Finance, IT and Compliance. The position will also provide administrative support as necessary to the General Counsel.
- Manage the Legal Department's budget and forecasting processes, and regularly update and monitor the budget to effectively control costs.
- Drive the development of monthly and quarterly business metrics and provide operational analysis through reports and dashboards.
- Working closely with the Legal Leadership Team, negotiate and manage key law firm and vendor relationships, including fee arrangements.
- Act as system owner for legal department tools and technology, including E-Billing, Budgeting, Intellectual Property Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Manage the payment of legal invoices through the Company’s SAP system and the cross-charging of costs to the Company’s various cost centers.
- Work with the General Counsel and Legal Leadership Team to develop formal and informal lines of communication with various levels of management within and outside of the Legal Department.
- Supervise, train and motivate the Legal Department administrative staff (initially the position will supervise two associates).
- Work with the General Counsel in interacting with the Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- Complete ad-hoc and special projects as requested/required by the Legal Leadership Team.
- Source, evaluate, test, train, implement and support technology solutions throughout the legal department.
- Develop best-in-class systems, policies and processes required for maximum efficiency and consistency across the department.
- Address internal department management needs including facilities management, planning and coordinating logistics for departmental off-sites, and leading the department’s goal setting process and ongoing tracking.
- Oversee new-hire onboarding and orientation for legal department staff.
- Define, develop and manage a program for Continuing Legal Education and research and maintain library tools/ subscriptions.
- Assist with the establishment of the legal function in new locations, help create consistency of the legal function/systems across new and existing locations and coordinate support of the legal function in global locations.
- Coordinate monthly Legal Department meetings.
- Manage the Legal Department calendar.
- Provide administrative support to the General Counsel as necessary.
- 8years of legal industry experience, including at least 5 years of senior level experience.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in the biotechnology or FDA-regulated industries; or will have worked within a legal department with a large focus on intellectual property.
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to manage a fast-paced, international legal department’s operational needs.
- Experience with SAP.
- Deep knowledge of and demonstrable experience implementing and managing core legal systems, including E-Billing, Intellectual Property Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Mastery of intermediate finance concepts and processes, gained through education or experience.
- B.A. or comparable education/ experience.
- Mastery of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; as well as project management applications such as Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Experience simultaneously driving multiple projects, and identifying, prioritizing and resolving key business issues.
Requisition ID 2017-5485