WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Sustainability & Energy team in Toronto.
WSP's Sustainability & Energy team are widely recognized as pioneers in the Sustainability & Energy market. You will be joining an incredible 'think-tank', consisting of extremely bright, innovative, solution-driven professionals.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability & Energy, this role is responsible for managing building sustainability projects on new or existing buildings. The projects will range in type, size and complexity, and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing project teams to achieve project objectives, timelines and financial expectations.
The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge and proven experience with green building certifications (such as LEED, Green Globes, BOMA BEST, WELL). This is a customer facing role that requires collaboration with both internal and external resources to deliver project expectations, in addition to developing and maintaining client relationships. This position involves working with building owners and operators, engineers, architects, contractors and technical support staff.
- Delivery of best in class sustainability and high performance building services;
- Manage multiple projects to deliver a quality service on time and on budget;
- Interact with client staff, client principals, architects, engineers, contractors, industry representatives and constructiontrades;
- Facilitate green building certification projects (LEED, Green Globes, BOMA BEST, WELL);
- Facilitate, participate in and promote an integrated design process;
- Manage the delivery of analysis services required for sustainability projects (energy modelling, daylighting analysis, etc.);
- Provide technical support and guidance on sustainability related concepts, strategies, design and operations, such as site related issues, stormwater management, rainwater/greywater harvesting, water use reduction, envelope thermal performance, high efficiency building systems, renewable energy systems, waste management, material selection, thermal comfort, ventilation and indoor air quality, daylighting, health and wellness, etc.;
- Contribute to proposal development and various client management activities;
- Contribute to the knowledge and professional development of employees in the group, providing mentorship as required;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in a related discipline;
- 5-7years of relevant work experience;
- Proven experience (minimum 3years) in providing sustainability consulting/green building certification (LEED, Green Globes, BOMA BEST, WELL) services;
- LEED AP credential (BD+C, ID+C or O+M specialty an asset);
- WELL AP and Passive House credentials are assets;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated ability to lead/work successfully with small teams and to maintain client relationships;
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects, clients, service delivery, timelines and budgets;
- Experience in fee pricing and proposal writing of sustainability and green building certification (LEED, Green Globes, BOMA BEST, WELL) services;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and decision-making skills;
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to success in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills;
- Ability and desire to mentor and teach other team members;
- Punctual, reliable, detail oriented, task oriented, and organized.