Assist in overseeing and tracking of leases of rental properties in NCR's portfolio. This includes administration of the leasing software system, entering of lease data, tracking and updating for modification and changes to lease data, generating reporting, assisting and/or performing account reconciliations and maintaining appropriate documentation to support SOX controls. The lease administrators process the leases to make sure all the information is accurate (and in accordance with ASC 842) and logged into the leasing software and stored appropriately.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Partner with the procurement team and business function teams to collect copies of all leases entered into worldwide, including embedded leases. This includes tracking leases with upcoming changes to ensure timely and accurate accounting of updates (i.e. terminations and modifications).
- Enter/load abstract of lease data for new and modified leases into our lease accounting software. Generate the lease accounting schedules within the lease accounting software and review for accuracy in accordance with ASC 842 and NCR policies.
- When applicable, meet with business owners and controllership team to determine accounting treatment of leases.
- Answer questions from the business and controllership teams regarding their lease portfolio.
- Assist controllership and/or perform month end account reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly disclosure information related to the lease asset portfolio (i.e. using reports out of the lease accounting software and general ledger for balances and lease expenses).
- Manage and update master data sets within the lease accounting software.
- Responsible for compliance with all internal policies and internal controls including SOX controls and maintaining adequate documentation to support that all controls were performed on a timely basis.
- Assist external auditors in their audit process.
- Provide training to users and internal customers to strengthen their knowledge of lease accounting practices and to educate them on any changes to processes or tools/reports available.
- Monitor process metrics and perform continuous analysis to identify and implement process improvements, efficiency opportunities, and cost saving initiatives while insuring process quality
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related Business discipline
- 5-9 years of related experience
- Knowledge and experience with ASC 842 (or ASC 840) lease accounting rules
- Experience in US GAAP accounting and reporting
- MS Windows (Excel) advanced user
- Strong analytical skills, ability to research issues in complex accounting structure to resolve problems; detail oriented, yet able to identify issues and grasp concepts at broader level
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work with a variety of individuals in both team and self-directed environments
- Strong project management skills and able to move toward successful completion of project goals
- Experience working closely with the IT organization to accomplish project goals
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of management
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience in supporting an outsourced accounting / finance relationship.