We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help manage the Fixed Asset team within our Global Manufacturing group. The Accounting Manager will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and manage the day-to-day activities of their team, as well as manage special projects for the Controllership Organization. Highly organized, an ability to manage projects within set deadlines, ability to meet month end close deadlines, and ensure the smooth operation of the Global Manufacturing – Fixed Asset team will be key as well as on-going cooperation with other departments and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
An ideal candidate in this role will be someone with strong technical accounting background (Big 4 Audit experience), and accounting industry experience.
This individual will need to be organized and strategic in order to handle multiple responsibilities at once. A successful communicator will allow this individual to work effectively across multiple business units within Tesla and serve as a link to bridge any gaps in end-to-end business processes.
- Oversight on all aspects of Fixed Asset Accounting and Reporting as follows
- Review fixed assets purchase requests (initial asset creation review)
- Review and place assets under construction (CIP/AUC assets review)
- Review fixed assets disposition in the system
- Review fixed asset sub-ledger vs. general ledger and fixed assets roll-forward
- Perform various fixed assets analyses (depreciation reasonableness, mid-month review, fluctuation analysis)
- Review flux analyses on all B/S and I/S balances
- Provide audit (internal/external) support (i.e. pull relevant fixed assets support and address various inquiries)
- Assist in various clean-up efforts
- Provide various SEC reporting schedules impacting fixed assets
- Oversight on lease accounting and reporting.
- Solid understanding and application of lease accounting criteria
- Determination of Build-to-Suit Lease Accounting criteria
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions
- Drive process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies within the group
- Manage or assist with various special projects within the Controllership organization
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies that can be applied across multiple business groups
- Lead resolution on open accounting problems across the business and take initiative to address them
- Lead special projects as needed
- Combination of Big 4 Audit experience and industry experience
- Specialization on Lease accounting (lessee accounting)
- Prior management or supervisory experience.
- Excellent MS Excel Skills
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and influence people effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and/or the equivalent in experience
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant business experience, manufacturing preferred