RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
Internal Audit Consultant
Las Vegas, NV, US
Technical Accounting Consultant
Las Vegas, NV, US
Regulatory Reporting Accounting Consultant
Las Vegas, NV, US
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Lease Accounting Consultant, you will work on diverse and strategic projects for clients, including Fortune 500 and pre-IPO organizations. You will be responsible for accounting for leases, reviewing lease contracts and identifying embedded leases.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP’s values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Ensure quality information is available for reporting to assist with compliance with regulatory reporting requirements to include lease commitment and financial statement reporting
- Ensure real estate property leased assets and liabilities are properly classified, analyzed, calculated and reported in financial statements per the new FASB and IASB lease accounting standards for reporting, presentation, and disclosure requirements
- Manage accounting components of the lease portfolio, such as extensions, amendments, or terminations, through lease administration software, and calculate intangible asset amortization and capitalized overhead
- Assist in adoption of new lease accounting guidance (ASC 842) and assess and report the retrospective impacts on the company’s financial statements
- Prepare lease schedules (e.g., minimum rent, future obligation, etc.) for company’s 10-Q & 10-K disclosures, prepare periodic lease accounting journal entries on rent payments and expenses, prepaid rents, deferred rents, tenant incentive accruals, etc. via lease administration software, and records journal entries to company’s ERP system
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- 5-plus years mid to senior level transactional accounting experience, with strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills and large ERP, lease administration software, and general ledger accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building, strong client service, time management, and project delivery skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.