Supports the execution of Global Leadership and Learning Institute's learning technology strategy focusing on the technologyinfrastructure (platform and tools) which includes providing maintenance and support, driving adoption and deployment, ensuring a strategically aligned learning architecture, and developing new capabilities to address ongoing learning needs and evolving business conditions and priorities.
- Develops and oversees the processes for the selection, implementation, maintenance and support of Learning and knowledge management, and social collaboration platforms, tools and applications.
- Supports GLLI's short and long-term strategic and operational learning technology initiatives.
- Ensures the alignment and maintenance of the Learning Technology Roadmap and Learning Technologyarchitecture.
- Maintains strategic relationships with internal institutes and functions and its customers to develop and deploy technology solutions to address learning needs, including, but not limited to: custom reporting, curriculum development and deployment, certification and re-certification design and deployment, compliance/mandatory trainings deployment, social learning/collaboration solutions, learning effectiveness solutions, electronic Performance Support Solutions (EPSS), training Simulations, skills-Competency framework.
- Defines and oversees the process for working with ITD and HRIS to plan, stage, certify, pilot, test, and implement new learning technology platforms.
- Manages technical support, upgrades/updates, new release configuration change processes, for learning technology platforms, including, but not limited to: LMS upgrade and technical hotfixes, integration of LMS with various other systems; e.g., HR, Business Intelligence, web portals, web delivery tools, video delivery platform, metrics platform, mobile Learning, remote content servers, data Migration (User, Learning, Training History, Learning Resources, etc.).
- Evaluates potential vendors and their offerings for service deployment, manage vendor relations as required.
- Works with vendors and other groups (ITD, HRIS) to ensure appropriate support, configuration and enhancement of supported learning technology platforms.
- Determines when to escalate problems, perform root-cause analysis and engage appropriate parties for an effective resolution to technical/functional issues.
- Provides advanced technical and functional support through standard/custom report development (Report Manager/BIDS tool), use of Training Migration and Data Sync utilities (TMU and DSU), managing roles and permissions, catalog updates, etc.
- Assists LTT with new and existing learning technology deployment to include testing, configuration and adoption.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in learning tools and technologies and build capabilities in other systems and solutions as required.
- Identifies and shares learning and knowledge management technology "best practices" throughout GLLI and Cleveland Clinic.
- Thorough understanding and application of Cleveland Clinic's Project Management process.
- All active implementations and projects required to be managed through the recommended tool (e.g., Workfront).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Computer Science or Information Technology majors preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires in-depth experience and understanding of various learning technologies, interoperability protocols, and software applications needed for the development and deployment of on-line, web-based learning, collaboration tools, technical support and custom development in a large, global environment.
- In depth knowledge with learning technologyarchitecture and managed learning environments (MLE's) or portal.
- Implementation experience of learning technology systems; e.g., Sumtotal LMS, video, measurement solutions, collaboration technology.
- Experience with cloud-based environments, integration and configuration.
- Experience with data/training migration, E-commerce and HR/Learning related interfaces.
- Experience with integration with HR Systems.
- Familiarity with preferred e-Learning authoring tools, e.g., Flash, Captivate, Articulate.
- In-depth experience with SCORM and AICC interoperability standards.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, data mining, crystal reports concepts and techniques.
- Experience with vendor and client management with good customer service and people skills.
- Knowledge of SharePoint settings and configuration.
- Detailed oriented with strong troubleshooting, communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently manage projects, anticipates road-blocks, and engages appropriate resources to ensure timely delivery.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in learning technologies and software/hardware applications in learning.
- Experience working with SumTotal preferred.
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing and the ability to verbally communicate with employees and patients.
- Physical demands include office work and the mobility sufficient to attend meetings in clinical departments throughout the Clinic.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment.