As a Learning Portfolio Manager, you will work closely with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to design technical learning content and curricula for technical personnel who design, build, and maintain data solutions. You'll guide and mentor technical curriculum developers who build training materials from the designs you originate. To thrive in this job, you must be strong in learning-development principles and tools, cloud computing technologies and development languages, and translating technical content into effective learning solutions. You must also have strong coaching skills, and you should be familiar with training as a professional service. Finally, you must be passionate about skilling yourself up to the level of being a subject-matter expert in relevant areas where you are not already one.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to varied audiences, including beginners, experts, and business decision-makers.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing technologies, especially Big Data-related services.
- Coding experience in Python or Java; hands-on SQL experience.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Experience in building or delivering technical training in an instructor-led or video format.
- Experience in learning as a paid post-sales professional service, or professional services broadly.
- Experience in creating and managing lab activities, Jupyter notebooks, or data pipeline proofs-of-concept.
- Experience in design and operation of relational databases.
- Experience in peer coaching and leadership.
- Drive the overall learning curriculum for Google Cloud data analytics, data engineering, and data management. - Work with subject-matter experts and stakeholders to perform needs analyses, scope projects, and evaluate existing materials to identify the most appropriate training approach and content for diverse global audiences. - Design learner-centered training programs, modules, and materials in multiple modalities, including blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, device learning labs, job aids, facilitator guides, resource materials, and credentials. - Mentor Technical Curriculum Developers, drive best-practices standardization, and provide thought leadership.