The Learning Partner is responsible for driving the strategic vision of learning programs across a specific business unit. Working in conjunction with business leaders, HR business partners, Global Learning, and Talent Management, the LP will align learning to business objectives and drive the execution and evaluation of learning programs. This role works in partnership with multiple business units, leaders and in conjunction with other learning partners to project manage the design, development and delivery of learning solutions that improve workplace performance in support of business objectives.
Primary responsibilities and essential functions:
- Works with business leaders, HRBPs, and management to analyze learning needs on an ongoing basis.
- Engages and consults with HRBPs, Global Talent Management & Diversity, and Cox Auto HRBPs to gain deep understanding of business unit objectives, key initiatives, talent strategies, and organizational challenge
- Conducts needs analyses to assess the state of the business, identify key performance and skills/knowledge gaps, and recommend performance strategies, both training and non-training, to drive organizational results
- Provides business leaders data driven recommendations
- Builds consensus and gains buy-in to implement solutions
- Leads communications with Cox Automotive Key Stakeholders, Global Learning and Business Unit Teams.
- Manages learning programs through design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation.
- Oversight - Oversees the instructional process across assigned programs, evaluating the quality of programs and curriculum on an ongoing basis. Fills resource gaps as necessary and sets timeless for deliverables.
- Project Management - Coordinates and drives learning plans and programs. Takes ownership of assigned projects, documents program plans, reports results in a timely manner, and drives timely completion for every milestone.
- Communications - Manages communications for assigned programs. Communicating regularly with program stakeholders, leadership, and others as required.
- Resource Planning - Engage with Cox Automotive Global Learning leaders to acquire project funding and approvals. Partner with HRBPs to ensure all initiatives are delivered on time, in-scope, and within budget.
- Documentation - Ensures the proper documentation for all programs. Prepare status reports, and perform value analysis and reporting.
- Partners with other Learning Partners; providing guidance, support and assistance as needed
- Partner with other Cox Automotive HR COEs (Centers of Excellence) as needed
- Engage the Organizational Effectiveness team for organizational design, development, or Change Management/organizational support. Partner on the development of deliverables, as needed
- Partner with the Learning Technologies team on the evaluation and measurements of the quality and effectiveness of learning initiatives
- Use data to communicate success metrics on learning programs; clearly articulating the connection and impact on business objectives
- Define metrics and maintain a learning dashboard to track progress and execution of training programs
Education and Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in learning and development, or related field required. Master’s Degree or advanced studies preferred
- A minimum of seven years of experience in adult learning and development roles
- Proven capabilities to manage large learning initiatives
- Strategic business focus with an understanding of the customer’s perspective on emerging learning opportunities to support key business objectives
- Program management experience leading large, complex projects and training development
- Exceptional consultation skills including learning practices, needs analysis, skill and performance assessments, organizational interventions, facilitation, and the design and delivery of content for various audiences
- Strong leadership presence
- Ability to influence and engage with senior leaders across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strategic alliances with leadership, key partners, and team members to gain commitment and implement performance solutions
- Expert knowledge of training methodology in each phase of the training lifecycle, i.e., assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills. Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data to drive decision-making and recommendations for performance solutions. Ability to distill data into concise, relevant presentations for an executive audience
- Demonstrated experience with Instructional Design principles and development applications, e.g., e-learning software, image and media editing software, etc.
- Ability to assess the need for change management support and knowing when to engage the Change Management team within Organizational Effectiveness. Light knowledge and ability to develop Change Management deliverables (e.g., Communications Plan, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based applications for collaboration and facilitation, e.g., WebEx, Skype, social media sites, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 25% required