Guided by ourshared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for eachother lead to superior results. We elevate eachother and obsess about doing the right thing. Ourassociates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to changebanking for good.Learning Operations Manager
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, we measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared vision and culture, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Although we are a bank, we operate as a tech company. We write our own code, develop our own software, and build our own products. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. We are changing banking for good because we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way.
Learning Operations position overview:
We are creating something unique and unprecedented: a re-imagined center for technology training called Tech College. This is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates and leaders with the technical skills they need to be successful in current and future roles. We constantly strive to deliver impactful and engaging learning experiences through the most cutting-edge methods to directly enable the success of our people and our business.
As the Learning Operations Manager for Tech College, you’ll be a key member of the Learning team responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning experiences and solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
The Learning Operations Manager will be responsible for supporting all aspects of workflow management, strategic planning, and process optimization. In this vital role, you will work directly with Tech College leadership and the leaders of our subject area teams, using your planning, analytical, and organizational skills to shape strategy and support execution of efficient and effective team operations in an Agile environment. You will have ownership of and input into processes around strategic planning, demand / capacity forecasting, workflow management, data analysis, reporting, and stakeholder engagement. In so doing, you will help enable the design, development, and delivery of engaging technical learning experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If you’re an experienced operations guru with a passion for driving strategic planning, optimizing workflow, and managing to results while helping people develop and grow their careers, we would love to meet you!
- Work directly with Tech College leadership to drive operational planning and management across the entire Tech College team
- Oversee workflow management, including ongoing execution and evaluation of key cross-team processes (e.g., request intake, needs analysis), refreshing processes and designing new processes as needed
- Analyze operational data and provide input to ongoing strategic planning (including budget, org. structure / resourcing, timelines, and prioritization)
- Own demand planning and forecasting process, including management of demand model / visualization tool, ongoing reporting of Tech College demand and team capacity, and input to prioritization discussions
- Provide input to cross-Tech College stakeholder engagement and reporting
- Assist with planning and logistics for key Tech College events / milestones
- Interface with product owners, SMEs, and Agile leaders (e.g., delivery/release management team; scrummasters) to assess progress, monitor workflow, identify impediments, and make adjustments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in operations
- At least 3 years of experience with strategic planning, workflow management, and process design
- At least 3 years of experience with data analytics and visualization
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- Master’s Degree
- 1+ year of experience with demand planning / forecasting
- 1+ year of experience leading a team
- Certified Scrum Master or Scaled Agilist
- Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt