Duties and Responsibilities:
- May be required to obtain necessary licenses and certifications contingent on business area needs
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles to vendor locations, or to receive training
- May be expected to work irregular hours (weekends and/or evenings), based on workload and job requirements
- Demonstrates strong understanding of State Farm organizational structure and the impacts of learning strategy, learning theories, solution design, evaluation & measurement, performance consulting, and needs analysis
- Consults with senior leadership for developing short and long-term learning strategies to support both department and company business outcomes
- Demonstrates appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of technology and/or business processes, enterprise risk activities, associated issues and alignment with our organizational strategies
- Works with vendors to evaluate and obtain learning solutions and services, and propose purchase recommendations when appropriate
- Addresses, analyzes, and resolves issues in a way that supports the customer, the enterprise, and the department
- Establishes strategic relationships with business partners
- Communicates department strategic direction to business partners
- Influences the strategic learning priorities and focus for L&D and the enterprise
- Understands and can lead based on foundational principles of adult learning theory, organizational design/development, user centered design, talent and workforce development, and the drivers of organizational, team and individual performance
- Advanced degrees, certifications and / or designations preferred as evidence of learning agility and the ability to build expertise in a specific discipline or field of study
- Brings depth and understanding of both business and learning to increase current performance and influence the future learning strategy
- Understands and executes on the State Farm mission, vision, core strategies, culture, and priorities and how business performance is realized through people, processes, technology and external factors that shape State Farm’s strategies. Applies business knowledge to make better decisions about learning strategy so that it supports the business outcomes; uses learning expertise to be ready, connect dots, and proactively adapt
- Creates a culture of empowered work teams driving decisions down, reducing handoffs, and streamlining processes
- Serves as a role model for how to effectively collaborate internally and across all business area leadership and business stakeholders to ensure we have clearly defined learning goals aligned with business outcomes and defined measures of success
- Brings depth and understanding of both business and learning to collaborative efforts in order to increase current organizational performance and influence the future learning strategy
- Sought out by senior leaders for ability to influence/knowledge/credibility to challenge their thinking and provide opposing views/ideas. Ability to secure strong senior level support.
Specific Responsibilities of the Learning Technology & Support Director:
- Leads the learning and analytics function who is responsible for the enterprise learning measurement vision and strategy.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration with business area reporting and analytics leadership and teams to select the right metrics to support key learning decisions including how to develop and apply appropriate key performance indicators to measure impact and effectiveness of learning on business outcomes.
- Drives the learning technology strategy including our self-service focus for the future in partnership with business areas and Enterprise Technology. Is responsible for optimization and support of the existing learning technology stack as well as roadmap for new learning technologies to include learning management system, social learning, simulated learning, mobile learning, knowledge management, courseware authoring, video-based learning, digital performance support, and custom-build, in-house software applications. This role requires expertise in technology strategy, understanding learning technology trends in the industry, and leading technology focused teams.