Why You Will Love This Job
Do you want to work for an organization that is talent focused, future facing, creatively driven, and client & community oriented? IPG is a global leader in marketing and advertising with nearly 50,000 talented, diverse employees across the globe. Do you want to work on a collaborative, strategic and inclusive team? This role supports IPG Corporate with 1,600 employees around the world in functions such as Finance, IT, Strategy and Communications, Human Resources, and Legal. As part of the Corporate IPG HR team, the Global Learning & Development Specialist will work collaboratively to empower employees to achieve their highest potential. It is an opportunity to be a part of a great company, working with and developing great people.
Based at our IPG Corporate headquarters in New York, this position will report remotely to the Senior Director of Global Learning & Development, who sits in Omaha, Nebraska. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who thrives in a corporate environment.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Global Learning & Development Senior Director, HR business partners and IPG leadership to assess global training needs and priorities
- Develop training programs and materials based on identified needs and priorities
- Deliver high-impact training in live classroom and virtual settings
- Coordinate administrative functions necessary to deliver training programs: create communications, oversee translation of training materials, monitor registration, room reservation, materials and equipment coordination, manage catering, etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs including on-the-job application of skills learned, employee engagement, etc.
- Analyze relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods
- Assist in growing and maintaining our IPG Learning & Development Site which houses online courses, resources, etc. Be able to brainstorm and implement creative marketing ideas to draw in new learners as well as keep existing patrons of the site
- Research and recommend top quality external vendors for identified training
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in the learning & development field
- Collaborate and share resources with Learning & Development colleagues within IPG agencies
What We Are Looking For
- A natural presenter who is able to fully engage training participants in the learning journey
- At least 5 years of experience in training field - Proven experience in developing and delivering exceptional training programs
- Bachelor’s Degree- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Ability to communicate effectively and build collaborative relationships across all levels, functions, and global regions of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Demonstrate strong problem solving competencies
- Strong knowledge in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to travel when necessary to deliver programs