# What's the role?
Translation Enterprises is looking for a passionate Learning and Development professional to create and drive training initiatives across our entire enterprise. In this role, you will partner with the VP, People, the executive team and hiring managers to understand the needs of the business and provide employees with the tools to be successful and effective United Translators.
- Assesses organization-wide needs and build strategy and budget accommodating all levels of training needed.
- Manages the activities involved in the design, preparation, delivery and need assessment of training and development programs for company managers and employees.
- Develops and leads innovative training sessions (Management Training, Coaching/Feedback, Bias, etc.).
- Determines company needs for leadership development, succession planning, career management, interpersonal skills and communication training.
- Develops and/or approves content, methods, and materials if and when vendors are selected.
- Develops methods for evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Delivery of programs, such as new employee orientation, performance management and/or organizational development training.
- Maintain a comprehensive view on market conditions and industry trends to inform training strategies.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- 5+ years’ experience effectively managing a training initiatives in an early stage, high growth or dynamic organization
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to translate strategic thinking into operational excellence
- Strong knowledge of current trends, innovations and best practices
- A demonstrated speciality in either creative or tech recruitment with a strong network in either field
- High EQ with excellent communication, interpersonal and consultative skills
- A collaborative, solution-oriented, can-do attitude
- Impeccable sense of judgment and discretion
- Ability to intersect with and work with all levels of talent -- from executive to entry level