KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Learning & Development Advisor is accountable for the sustainment of a corporate wide learning strategy in a geographically diverse environment. This will be inclusive of the identification and selection of training priorities and learning methods and media. In addition, the incumbent will be required to provide best practice learning guidance to internal customers and the instructional design of learning materials for our technical training courses. The primary focus of the role is to manage and enhance the technical training for our operations personnel.
The L&D function is part of the People Services group to develop a holistic approach to learning & development across the organization. This position reports to the Learning & Development Manager within that structure. Our business divisions operate globally so the ability to communicate effectively cross functionally is key. The advisor will support eight differing business divisions which operate across the infrastructure spectrum.
We are expecting rapid and sustained growth across our business lines over the next year so this position is critical for business success. Alongside growth, we at Pure aspire to an ideal that safety does not exist as a standalone, rather we drive towards simply learning to work safely. This notion must be an integral part of the approach and should form one of the cornerstones of our training program.
- Manage the evaluation and assurance of the technical training programme as part of the wider organization’s L&D assurance system. This will include compiling standing reports.
- Provide input on the annual training budget.
- Assist in administrating and advising on best practice on the Corporate LMS and associated processes (i.e. onboarding / offboarding)
- Maintain and communicate the technical training calendar
TECHNICAL TRAINING – INTERNAL QUALIFICATION PROGRAM
- Accountable for the maintenance and improvement of Pure’s Technical Training Programme
- Provide guidance to subject matter experts on the development and maintenance of training materials, courses and assessment methods.
- Identify, design and create training materials, courses and assessments. This is inclusive of e learning, classroom learning and project based training.
- Liaise with subject matter experts to maintain technical competency frameworks as the basis of training requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to customize solutions as required
- Proven experience in understanding and applying current adult learning theory concepts and practices
- Hands on experience in the design, development and delivery of practical and sustainable technical training programs for operations (i.e. field based) personnel
- Proven record of being able to sustain training programs with metrics focused on training effectiveness
- Well versed in identifying appropriate e-learning opportunities and developing engaging and practical e-learning courses
- Strong facilitation and training skills; fully support ‘train the trainer’ learning opportunities
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with diverse business units to build strong relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of Learning and Development experience, with at least two years at a mid-senior level.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in instructional design
• Occasional travel (10% of time)