The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for enabling a culture of learning and development across the organization. This person will design and execute enterprise-wide strategies to promote employee development, employee engagement, career planning and growth, and employee performance. This person will also work across boundaries, partnering with business leaders and HR business partners to provide organizational development through the implementation of learning and leadership development programs.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on learning and organizational development issues and assess needs through research and consultation with the business.
- Leverage business data, engagement/pulse surveys, direct employee feedback, and industry leading practices to influence LII’s learning and development strategy, career management programs and practices, leadership development initiatives, and employee learning experiences.
- Identify, design, and coordinate both internal and external learning and development solutions focused on building the leadership skills of emerging leaders, front-line supervisors, and managers.
- Develop high-quality innovative leadership development solutions; including instructor-led courses, e-learning modules, and micro-learning options; incorporating a blended approach to delivery.
- Design and deliver core learning materials focused on promoting application of LII’s Competencies.
- Establish program deployment strategies and facilitate associated "train-the-trainer" programs.
- Manage, design and implement learning program policies and procedures.
- Evaluate learning and leadership development programs to determine effectiveness and manage continuous improvement initiatives.
- Consult with LII leaders to match external learning and development solutions to LII employee(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent experience. 10 years related experience at the corporate level with a minimum of 3 years designing and delivering learning and leadership development solutions.
- Proven experience with designing and delivering learning programs at the both the corporate and field location level. Prior facilitation certification with one or more major learning content providers such as Korn Ferry, Franklin Covey, Ken Blanchard, InsideOut (GROW Coaching).
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to collaborate with top management and influence team members. Solid consulting, coaching and development skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills (oral and written). Strong classroom management and facilitation skills and webinar delivery skills.
- Applied knowledge of learning theories, instructional design methodologies and the ADDIE Model. Experience with blended learning techniques (e-learning, instructor led, etc.)
- Experience in organizational development and/or organizational performance consulting.
- Experience implementing organizational effectiveness initiatives that promote employee engagement.
- Technically savvy with the ability to oversee and use learning development software programs.
- Background with Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone On Demand a plus).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.