Learning & Development Director
5 - 7 years experience • Real Estate
The Director of Learning and Development is responsible for the creation and execution of a comprehensive and integrated learning strategy to support critical business needs for RADCO Residential. In this role, you will be accountable for the establishment and the management of a learning curriculum including designing and developing experiential learning opportunities through instructional materials, training courses, and multimedia technologies. You will oversee all of RADCO Residential's learning and training initiatives, aligning learning strategies and programs to business strategies in order to realize measurable business impact. This role collaborates with business leaders to identify and create action plans to address gaps in learning. The position will leverage the knowledge and experience of subject matter experts throughout the organization. It will influence team members across functional, geographical and divisional boundaries. This position reports to the VP of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops training and development strategy and curricula, partnering with senior management. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices.
- Designs and implements distance learning strategies, including virtual classroom learning and self-paced web-based training for both technical and professional/management development training topics.
- Evolve/enhance new employee program offerings; new hire onboarding and our corporate orientation program to drive culture and employee engagement
- Utilize innovative practices, research, insight, experience and understanding of the needs and culture of RADCO Residential to develop and deliver instructor led, e-learning, or blended learning training programs to develop leadership, communication, performance and productivity skills.
- Develop and implement employee check-in surveys to obtain feedback to enhance programs and gauge employee engagement.
- Ensures all educational content and programs are current and have gone through proper legal and regulatory review cycles and ensure all assets are secure, centralized and protected.
- Integral member of the transition team for any acquisitions.
- Assist with a variety of other special assignments to support L&D efforts across the organization.
- Identify and develop subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as trainers and partner with these individuals to deploy training and development programs across the organization.
- Partner with Regional Property Managers/Senior Vice Presidents/Department Heads to deploy all training and development programs.
- Ensure that all development programs meet stated objectives through analyzing metrics and business impact.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related technical college program or equivalent combination of education and training experiencepreferred.
- Must have a bias for action and be passionate about bringing initiatives “over the finish line”
- Minimum of 5 -10years of relevant experience including work in a multi-site environment/organization.
- Experience in leadership development, needs assessment, instructional design/content development within a corporate learning & development setting.
- Experience with E-learningsystems.
- Executive presence, customer focused, and proven track record of respect and building relationships with field operations.
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills to successfully work across the organization.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Coaching and strong influencing skills are mandatory as well as being comfortable interacting with all levels of team members.
- Capability of working autonomously or as part of a team with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach and in a collaborative manner.
- Highly developed analytical skills and data savvy.
- Flexible, highly adaptable to change with intellectual curiosity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to travel regularly.