Bring your expertise in consulting, learning and development to one of Houston’s Top Workplaces, UTHealth. We are looking for a creative thinker with strong analytical, presentation and people skills to help assess and recommend training and development solutions to improve the performance of our growing workforce. A successful candidate would be someone who values team collaboration yet can work independently. We are also looking for someone to bring a culmination of their work, education and life experiences to provide thoughtful, practical, innovative and proven methods to our internal clients. Experience with instructional design and learning technologies is also desired.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks including consulting, designing, developing and delivering learning programs using a range of tools and learning methodologies designed for classroom, video, and eLearning. The learning consultant also designs and develops training materials, such as, facilitator guides, participant guides, PowerPoint presentations and job aids for multiple projects, simultaneously.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs needs analysis performance gaps and interventions.
2. Uses innovative learning solutions to improve learning content, delivery approaches and training effectiveness.
3. Designs and implements professional and leadership development courses.
4. Conducts train-the-trainers.
5. Facilitates courses, as necessary.
6. Researches content to design and develop effective training materials and courses.
7. Assesses effectiveness of existing training courses and programs, providing feedback and recommendations for improvements.
8. Provides guidance to the Learning Coordinator, as needed.
9. Leads small-scaled initiatives / projects.
10. Develops communications plans for assigned initiatives / projects.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, instructional technology, education, communication, or related field.
Five years of directly related experience.