A member of the HR team, the Learning & Development Consultant will engage in work that supports the purpose of the organization: to inspire possibilities, foster meaningful connections and create memorable experiences. This role is responsible for the design, development and delivery of current and future team member/employee learning and development programs. This position will partner with and support all levels of the organization, create and facilitate curriculum for instructor-led and blended learning solutions that align with the culture, business needs and initiatives of the SMSC and SMSC Gaming Enterprise, and focus on key metrics to assess the overall effectiveness and impact.
Program Design, Development & Delivery:
- Partner with subject matter experts across the organization to design, develop and deliver high quality, instructor-led and blended learning solutions (i.e. organization-wide, role specific, team oriented).
- Solutions should improve operational efficiency, drive individual/team performance and promote effective leadership behaviors.
- Organization Development:
- Apply organization design, process and change management methodologies.
- Develop frameworks, models, and tools that enhance the OD competency of leaders.
- Provide support, coaching, and expertise on OD concepts and topics.
- Create and support large-scale initiatives such as: team member engagement, talent management, and succession planning, and drive department-level initiatives
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Perform needs assessments.
- Develop and/or implement evaluation tools to measure learning, intervention effectiveness and impact on business initiatives/metrics.
- Interpret data and make recommendations, improvements and/or adjustments.
Develop relationships with leaders at all levels that enable you to design and develop engaging and effective programs and initiatives that facilitate the learning and growth of team members/employees and align with organization priorities.
Monday - Friday
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
Salary Based on Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, organization development, communication or related; Master's degree in human resources development, organization leadership or related preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with designing and developing learning and organization development programs.
- 3+ years of experience facilitating learning programs for mid-level leaders (managers / supervisors).
- 3+ years of experience working closely with subject matter experts and business unit leaders.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects (leading tasks, developing & managing project plans, creating and managing to a project budget, etc.).
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, innovative, ever-changing organization culture.
- Willingness to jump in on existing or new projects and eager to develop and build new skills and competencies.
- Working theoretical knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design, organization development theory/models, Kirkpatrick's Levels of Learning Evaluation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills -- including excellent writing skills, the ability to build working relationships based on trust and collaboration and establish credibility and influence quickly.
- A+ Facilitation skills -- must be able to find the balance between and discern when to present information and facilitate individual/group learning; skilled at asking questions and connecting-the-dots.
- Intellectually curious, self-motivated, and passionate learning & development professional who is committed to delivering results that positively impact people, process and culture.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities and capable of prioritizing and delivering results with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and a willingness to advocate for what is needed and be creative in finding ways to remove barriers to getting the work done and delivering results.