IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Application Training Development and Learning Consultant is responsible for:
- Working with clients towards defining a solution that will meet the agreed requirements including assessing LMS architecture, performing needs assessment and gap analysis, conducting feasibility studies, and verifying/confirming requirements to produce options/recommendations.
- Designing/developing/implementing training for both commercial and private sector/federal environments to include custom applications involving unique security and system requirements.
- Designing/developing/implementing training for all audiences to include Section 508 considerations.
- Utilizing current learning principles/concepts, instructional design theory/evaluation methods and training technics/technologies available to support development, delivery, administration, and evaluation for example utilizing the industry-recognized Instructional Systems Design (ISD) such as the ADDIE Model, Systems Approach to Training (SAT), Blooms Taxonomy, Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction, and Merrill’s Principles of Instruction (MPI).
- Preparing/conducting/facilitating training in support of services, applications and systems to educate and provide continual learning for clients including training documentation, performance support tools, mobile and social learning solutions, multi-level reporting and dashboard information and other instructional related documentation and deliverables.
- Creating instructor-led, web-based, mobile, social, and blended learning solutions comprised of training estimates, presentations, procedures, exercises, quick references, simulations, instructor guides, curriculum, course outlines, performance support products, prototypes, and training design specifications.
- Work with training development software applications to include the following options: Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Trivantis Lectora, Oracle UPK, and Articulate. Ability to test and publish learning content on a Learning Management System (LMS) to include the following LMS options: Saba, Sum Total, Blackboard, Cornerstone, PeopleSoft ELM and Taleo (Oracle), Success Factors (SAP), Moodle, and Canvas. Testing evaluation and survey software such as Pedagogue and Questionmark Perception.
- Design and develop learning products within the confines of learning industry standards models such a SCORM, AICC, xAPI, Common Cartridge and Learning Tool Interoperability (CC/LTI), and CMI-5.
- Understand concepts in the eLearning industry such as Blended Classroom, Flipped Classroom, Social Learning, Cognitive Driven Learning, Simulation, Augmented and Virtual Reality Learning, Collaborative Facilitation, Virtual Classrooms, Game-Based Learning, Mobile Learning Delivery, Dynamic Learner-centered content, and Video-Based training.
- Understand the differences in Asynchronous and Synchronous learning delivery and consumption methods, and levels of interactivity and engagement.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience creating instructor-led, web-based, mobile, social, and blended learning solutions.
- 5+ years of experience Designing/developing/implementing training for both commercial and private sector/federal environments.
- 5+ years of experience understanding concepts in the eLearning industry such as Blended Classroom, Flipped Classroom, Social Learning, Cognitive Driven Learning, Simulation etc.
- 5+ years of experience Preparing/conducting/facilitating training in support of services, applications and systems.
- 5+ years of experience Utilizing current learning principles/concepts, instructional design theory/evaluation methods and training technics/technologies available to support development, delivery, administration, and evaluation.
- 5+ years of experience working with training development software applications to include the following options: Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Trivantis Lectora, Oracle UPK, and Articulate etc.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience