We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
The Learning Business Partner Product Knowledge is accountable for improving how product knowledge materials are built/created, scaled and utilized by store employees at the point of sale (full price, off price, stores and .com) to establish our retail employees as fashion authorities in the eyes of our customers.
Key responsibilities will include a thorough current state analysis of existing tools in order to draft a strategy (short-term and long-term) which outlines what new materials/processes are needed and how these can be sustained seasonally. This strategy will consider both how to onboard new employees as well as how to improve product knowledge retention in the existing staff and will include recommendations on resources for the program to launch.
This role will specifically focus on improving product knowledge retention and usage by applying adult learning theories and considering additional soft selling skills that should accompany product knowledge training. The plan will also consider immersion strategies to drive business impact, with a strong orientation towards enabling and delivering transformational change to further Nordstrom’s retail KPIs through collaboration with internal teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of innovative adult learning techniques and methodologies and the application of those to learning in the corporate setting.
- Ability to create robust and innovative learning assessments and evaluations that align to business outcomes.
- Analyze feedback data and lead program improvements as necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise as a consultant, innovator and thought leader that brings out of the box learning solutions to build organizational skills, competencies and effectiveness and delivers business outcomes.
- Experience with competency modeling and competency-based development systems.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with learning, business and HR partners and leaders to ensure relevant and integrated curriculums.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiencerequired; advanced degree in HR, Organization Development or similar preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in delivering blended learning curriculum to a large-scale retail workforce
- Experience in development of onboarding strategies
- Demonstrated success with creating effective learning tools, resources, activities and programs to develop leaders within a large corporate environment
- Proven ability to excel and lead by example in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, change and project management skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication, and outstanding collaboration and interpersonal skills