Who We Are Looking For:
The Learning and Development Manager, reporting to the Sr HR Program Manager, works to drive the implementation of training and development programs organization-wide. In this role, you will lead the design, development, and delivery of learning experiences that align with the organization’s most pressing business challenges and talent skill gaps.
The scope of work involves the development of curriculum, communicating learning activities to the organization, delivering in-house training sessions, as well as evaluating and recommending both internal and external training resources. You will partner with subject matter experts within Woodard & Curran to build engaging learning activities and compelling learning content that improves learner’s knowledge retention and overall experience. You will also be responsible for ensuring training programs are implemented and tracked in an appropriate manner.
What You Will Be Doing At Woodard & Curran:
- Design and implement learning and development programs using both traditional and new learning platforms and strategies.
- Plan, organize and implement local training sessions using different learning formats and, where appropriate, cooperate with external partners.
- Deliver and facilitate learning activities as needed.
- Confer with Talent Partners and management; conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected processes, changes, and other factors. Provide overall data analysis and conclusions related to evaluations, attendance, instructional design and/or findings; Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Build and expand network of effective and valued trainers and facilitators.
- Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Make recommendations on delivery methods and content requirements for specialized training initiatives as a result of a Project Management proposal or implementation of new or enhanced systems.
- Implement or enhance curricula based on changing business needs and industry trends.
- Develop and execute training budget and expense tracking.
- Provide guidance and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and ensure training meets business needs and development goals.
- Build and maintain innovative, user-friendly tools and develop education for both managers and team members.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.) for traditional, classroom-style training sessions, virtual classes, and various blended learning approaches.
- Analyze the success and effectiveness of training programs and track enrollment data.
- Explore the latest trends in learning, new technologies, adult learning principles, and vendors in the marketplace and best practices for implementation.
- Maintain internal platform for posting of training information, including videos, articles, and calendar of learning events.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Provide updates and status reports of program activity to leadership upon request.
- Actively learn and navigate new technologies being implemented across the learning industry.
What You Need To Succeed:
- At least 6 years of professional experience in designing, developing, planning, implementing, and assessing comprehensive training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Training, Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and Training and Development Management experience.
- Understand e-learning systems, how to utilize technology and integrate into the learning culture.
- Hands-on experience in applying adult learning theories.
- Excellent facilitation skills and confidence presenting in front of a bigger audience.
- Expertise in designing presentations with PowerPoint.
- Expertise in MS Office; preferred experience in Visio and course development software, such as Captivate, Articulate, etc. and familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Instructional design knowledge and/or graphic design experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Passionate about giving employees the development tools required for personal and professional growth and success
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Possess outstanding organizational skill, attention to detail, presentation skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Perform with a sense of urgency without compromising on excellence with a proven commitment to delivering high-quality learning experiences that will achieve results
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to take on new challenges and opportunities
- Capacity to work collaboratively with a wide variety of staff demonstrating personal initiative as well as the ability to work well in a team;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a diverse team setting.
- Willingness to travel as needed. ~40%