Guided by department objectives and priorities, identifies, develops, implements, and manages training, new hire orientation, and employee development programs for secretarial staff. Guided by priorities, needs, and outcomes, develops training to ensure administrative support groups can respond effectively to client service, staffing, and other business objectives. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position.
Develop and Manage Support Services Skills Training
- Independently assess need for administrative support training and recommend priorities, approaches, solutions, etc., to senior management.
- Create and implement quality assurance controls that identify skills gaps and measure training and development progress.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate training programs and curricula to assist in developing client service and job knowledge skills.
- Develop programs to assist administrative support staff in cross training and in developing skills to support multiple practice areas and multiple attorney levels.
- Coordinate with IT to develop responsive training to ensure administrative support groups are fully skilled on technology solutions and knowledgeable about using technology to deliver excellent client service.
- Create, maintain, and update secretarial manuals and other relevant training resources.
- Maintain webpage for secretarial group as an up-to-date relevant resource for trainings and guidelines.
Develop and Coordinate Orientation
- Lead new hire orientation training for secretarial staff
- Monitor the development of new staff through communication tools such as check-ins, surveys, etc. to ensure they receive needed support to integrate successfully and to achieve client service and position objectives.
- Develop and Manage mentoring programs as needed to ensure new and existing staff receive professional and personal integration, guidance and support.
Create and Manage Staff Development Programs
- Guided by firm and department objectives, develop programs to support advancement opportunities for administrative support staff.
- Develop and manage training programs to ensure that personnel who are guiding the work of entry-level employees are skilled in areas such as giving and receiving feedback, confidentiality, coaching, delegation, etc.
Administrative and Professional Responsibilities
- Participate on training committees and initiatives for the Firm often collaborating with the Staff Talent Development team.
- Participate in relevant outside programs and in professional organizations.
- Keep current on technology relevant to the administrative support groups, including Word, Outlook, Elite, ServiceNow, Meeting Room Manager, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience identifying training needs and developing corresponding programs for support staff teams.
- Eight plus years of support service management experience; law firm experience highly preferred.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to taking ownership and responsibility.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to train and mentor staff in the areas of practice support.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Strong team management skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to create organizational solutions where a precedent may not exist.
- Strong office technology skills, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to apply big picture understanding to decision making.
- Strong motivation to expand services within position.
- Talent for creating client satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
- Flexibility and willingness to work hours needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.