Position will lead the Learning and Development programs for Carolina Handling.
The primary objectives of this position are to:
- Lead transformational Learning and Development programs to advance Associate development at all levels having a direct impact on organizational performance.
- <del cite="mailto:Liz%20Hunter" datetime="2019-07-09T21:16">· </del>Create strategic alignment of the Learning and Development Program with the organization's goals and objectives to meet business needs.
- Continuously improve best-in-class technical training programs for all technicians.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Engage and build strong partnerships across Senior Leadership and multiple business units to deliver well-rounded solutions meeting strategic priorities.
- Design, build, and lead transformational Learning and Development programs including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Learning strategy for all Associates
- Targeted Accelerated Leadership Development Program for High Potential Associates
- Monitor, maintain, and manage all established Learning and Development programs.
- Lead, develop, and supervise all Learning and Development Associates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Corporate liaison for various Learning and Development objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Engineering, Management, Education, a related field, or equivalent six years' experience in a related field.
- Significant prior classroom instruction and facilitation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams that drive business results.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership with a minimum of 6 years in a management or leadership role.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, including MS Windows and MS Office business applications. Must also possess knowledge of training class equipment such as tablets and interactive training platforms.
- Prior course development in adult learning principals, management skills and other related material which will aid in the development of both Associates and customers.
- Prior experience in lean management principals is highly desired.
- Prior experience with material handling equipment, particularly Raymond product, is desired.
- Must exhibit an orientation to detail and ability to balance priorities.
- Such other knowledge, skills and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties.
- As this position requires teaching various levels of CHL associates, the ability to effectively deliver course material in a way that will be understood and interesting is required.
Works in an office or classroom setting as needed. May require on site visits to customer sites.
Some overnight and other travel will be required in the job. Should be no more than 50% of the time.
This position may require the ability to stand for long periods of time and walking long distances. Must also possess the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform such activities as stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, lifting and grasping is required