About the role:
Like technology, Avanade takes learning and development seriously. We are pioneering a transformation in the way people learn. We strive to create a ‘people-first’ culture that believes continuous focus on skill rotation and development enables us to attract, engage, and retain the best digital and cloud talent and ensure that Avanade remains the clear leading digital innovator within the Microsoft ecosystem.
As the Global Head of Learning and Development, your vision and strategy are imperative. With a thorough understanding of our business, in addition to experience in both technology and professional services industries, you will create and implement learning programs that both drive and evolve our global learning strategy. In this role, you’ll lead in the evaluation, design, development and deployment of new and existing content to ensure our people are best positioned to deliver on current and future client needs. You’re able to fully conceptualize where we need to go with our learning strategy, what we need to do to drive business performance, and enhance the capabilities required to achieve Avanade’s strategic business priorities.
Day-to-day, you will:
Develop and drive an inspiring, innovative and impactful global learning strategy.
Strategically advise modifications to, and elimination of, development programs based on job roles and associated competencies and skills.
Analyze performance data and conduct learning and training needs analyses in order to knowledgeably recommend learning solutions.
Identify and vet best-in-class training solutions with emphasis on resolution of training gaps across geographies, technologies, personnel levels and business needs.
Advance a global learning and development community through sticky relationships with stakeholders from all levels and functions of the organization.
Establish processes and governance to drive recommendations through to implementation including determination of impact and ROI to the business.
Oversee, champion, and maintain the global learning budget ($10M).
Travel as dictated by the business.
You’re a disruptive thinker with a ‘Growth Mindset’ and a passion for people development.
You are a proven leader with success in developing long-term, high-value learning and development programs that have shown measurable impact to the bottom line.
You possess the ability to navigate highly complex and geographically dispersed organizations and key relationships with ease.
Your experience includes accomplishments across learning design, development and program management.
Your track record would most likely include, technical consulting and/or time in the IT or Professional Services industries.
Your likely years’ managerial experience:
- Over 10 years’ experience leading large, global teams in a matrixed organization (virtual and non-virtual).
- Expertise designing and leading effective Technology Global Learning and Development teams that are focused on cutting edge technical learning, performance enablement and measurement.
In addition, your skillset likely includes:
- Experience within a digital-first organization that optimizes technology in collaboration with, and for, people, structures, and processes.
- Deep understanding and interest of cloud and emerging technologies.
- Executive presence to work comfortably and credibly across all levels of the organization, from executives to consultants.
- A collaborative working style that drives change through influence and stakeholder engagement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills enabling compelling presentations to accelerate skill rotation.
- Passion for developing others.
Your likely education:
You possess a Bachelor's degree and potentially an advanced degree in education, technical communications, instructional design, or a related field. You may also have advance knowledge of learning strategy and adult learning theory.
Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Requisition ID - 49713