- Assesses enterprise-wide learning and development needs and create learning opportunities that support learning needs and business requirements.
- Designs and develops leadership development workshops and learning opportunities that emphasize adult learning concepts, active learning practices, and objectives-based instructional strategies that meet specific business needs. Deliverables include ViLT, ILT, e-learning and synchronous formats (blended solutions), including facilitator and participant guides, self-study job aids, performance support resources, marketing/print materials, and online courses.
- Designs and develops learning and performance support materials utilizing a variety of technical tools (Articulate Storyline, Dreamweaver, SharePoint, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.).
- Partners with key Business leaders to assess business and learning needs and build learning and performance solutions.
- Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver face-to-face or virtual instructor-led sessions using adult learning principles to enhance the learning experience.
- Implements learning sessions using multiple technologies such as virtual classroom, self-paced e-learning modules, video sessions, blended learning, and performance support materials, etc.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning solutions against the business needs; provides metrics summarizing effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
- Provides program management of course series that includes workshops, learning sustainment opportunities, and performance support tools.
- Engages in vendor management, budget management, strategic sourcing, program marketing, and internal communication of learning events.
- Creates performance support activities, tools and resources to reinforce and sustain learning sessions.
- Analyzes and improves existing L&D frameworks and develops processes, procedures, tools, and guidelines that enable L&D to run efficiently.
- Establishes a project plan and conducts a cost/benefit analysis for any recommendations made to business units
- Evaluates business unit’s overall learning requirements, business objectives, desired results, and constraints; conducts skill assessments to identify specific training needs and sourcing options to meet those needs as appropriate
- Identifies and implements improvements in training curriculum and courseware using industry standard testing methods, needs analysis, and methods of redesigning training programs
- Investigates available training methods and procedures to determine the most effective manner by which to meet specific learning needs
- Negotiates resources required to conduct training sessions, assign specific training activities to other L&D personnel, or hire appropriate vendors to conduct training
- Produces periodic L&D reports outlining learning needs accompanied by recommendations and implications, such as changes in operations, budget, or quality
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following core competencies, education, work experience, and skills:
- Strong project management experience and highly effective organizational skills.
- Confident and results-driven; consultative orientation, strong people and process/project management capability.
- Ability to develop and deliver learning to a wide range of audiences and cultures.
- Ability to provide instructional design expertise to internal clients across the enterprise.
- Ability to independently develop L&D interventions and training solutions.
- Outstanding communicator; an individual who possesses superior written/verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking several complex deliverables across multiple groups, cultures and time zones.
- Adaptability; learns quickly and responds positively to complexity.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Team player with superior people skills.
- Ability to develop a holistic view of performance problems, identify root causes, and suggest training-based solutions.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Collaboration skills including the ability to integrate and act upon the diverse perspectives of business unit managers, instructional designers, corporate HR and external vendors.
- Consulting skills including client-facing skills aimed at determining the client’s need, perceived roadblocks, business unit culture, and work environment issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Learning, Communications, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in Education Technology, Instructional Design, Education, Interactive Media, or Learning Systems preferred.
- Seven or more years’ experience in training and development, five of those years’ experience in leadership development or talent management.
- Knowledge of training methodologies, adult learning requirements, needs assessment and evaluation.
- Knowledge of industry-standard authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate, SharePoint, etc.).
- Experience leading teams or team projects.
- Knowledge of training and organizational development theories, instructional design models, such as ADDIE, and e-learning standards (e.g. SCORM and AICC).
- Experience with data analysis and evaluation tools.