The Sr.PrincipalQuality Engineer II - Master Black Belt will beresponsibleto lead Lean Six Sigma activities at BAE Systems Endicott, NY site. Specific duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage significant process improvement projects that align with business goals and objectives.
- Support the identification, selection and prioritization of Lean Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement projects.
- Provides communication of project goals, strategy and status within the project team and with project stakeholders, including senior management.
- Develop organizational maturity (i.e. institutionalized Lean Six Sigma) by training others in continuous improvement approaches.
- Conduct classroom instruction for Green Belts, Black Belts, White Belts, Champions and other courses as well as Executive/Project Sponsor Workshop, Project Identification and Selection Workshop(s).
- Mentor and Coach Black Belts and Green Belts.
- Support Black Belts and Green Belts in the certification process.
- Promote use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen and Design for Six Sigma).
- Lead teams in defect analysis and creation of improvement measures.
- Provide project support & process documentation.
- Facilitate / support other business initiatives as needed.
- Work in coordination with leadership to analyze, monitor and assess critical activities affecting policy, organizational guidance, and developmental processes.
- Develop recommendations to support mission goals, requirements and sustainment of improvements.
- Assist with data analysis, conclusions and presentations related to project completion and findings.
- Develop instructional training material.
While reporting to the Controls & Avionics Solutions / Power & Propulsion Solutions Director of Quality, the candidate will work closely with all levels of the organization and across functions to drive business excellence across the enterprise, as well the vendor and supply base.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt from a nationally recognized organization or equivalent businessexperienceas a Continuous Improvement lead.
- 5 years active experience in leading broad scope projects, utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools.
- 5 years of engineering experience.
- 10 years of work experience.
Education: BS in Engineering or Technical Field.
Preferred Skills and Education
Extensive cross-industrial experience such as Aerospace, Automotive, Commercial, Industrial, Defense and/or Medical. Hands-on manufacturing experience in both Commercial and Defense products.
Education: MS in Engineering or Technical Field.
Req #: 46882BR